Saturday, July 21, 2012

Anything Goes Saturday-Disney Gal Favorites


Disney Gals Roll Call
 Favorite Ride - Magic Kingdom





     Last week we shared with you what some of our favorite snack foods were at the Magic Kingdom. Now that we're all fed and happy, it's time to go and ride some rides! See if any of our favorites are your favorites too!

 

Gayle: "Hello Ladies and Gentlemen and welcome to the world famous Jungle Cruise!" My earliest memory in life is my mom trying not drop me into the water all while keeping her balance as she stepped on board the Jungle Boat. The year 1955-my age approximately 8 months old. To this day it remains the top of my "must do" ride list whether I'm at my home park of Disneyland or the Magic Kingdom. Hundreds of voyages later, I still giggle with glee every time we round the bend to revel in the glory of the 8th Wonder of the World-The Back Side of Water. Someday, when I grow up, I am  going to be the captain of this magnificent vessel!

 

Tricia:  Happy Haunts at The Haunted Mansion for me!! The classics will always hold a special place in my heart and I have a very vivid memory of my favorite ride from about 1982. I recall being on the Tomorrowland bridge with my Mom and Dad at the end of a very long day and realizing that if we ran we could get in one last ride before the park closed. My Dad and I chose The Haunted Mansion and, leaving my Mom in the dust, ran as fast as we could through Tomorrowland and Fantasyland to reach our destination giggling the whole way. It was a great father/daughter moment and we got to bring home a hitchhiking ghost to boot!

Kelly: Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin is my top pick. It's extremely hard to get my mom on any rides.  She will not ride anything with speed, height or drops. This ride suits her needs while playing to the competitiveness of the rest of our family. We board our Space Ranger Cruiser in pairs, arguing over who gets control of the joystick to rotate the vehicle, picking which targets can be shot at. Of course the person who has control of the Cruiser will also be blamed at the end of the ride when their partner's score only ranks them as a Planetary Pilot. Then we all compare scores to see who has bragging rights, and get back in line and do it again. I can't wait to go back now that I've found out which targets are worth the highest points. Look out family, there's a Galactic Hero waiting to board your Cruiser!


Beth: Asking me to name my favorite ride at Magic Kingdom is a little like asking me to name my favorite child...I just can't do it!  I love some of the rides for the thrills and others because they're classics, but the one ride that gives me the giggles every time is Big Thunder Mountain.  It's not the fastest roller coaster around, but there is something about the combination of Wild West theming, clickety-clackety sound of the train on the tracks, and jerky ride that throws you up-and-down, side-to-side, that always leaves a smile on my face.  The wait here can get long and HOT, so a Fast Pass is a must-do for me!  As they say at Walt Disney World, "hang on to your hats and glasses because this is the wildest ride in the wilderness!"


Kim: Wow, a favorite ride at Magic Kingdom. What a tough question.  I think it would have to be Pirates of the Caribbean. It's always been a must do ride for our family.  In fact it's usually a must do ride several times throughout our trip. When we were in Disneyland, because it has a slightly different version we rode it 3-4 times.  Each time I ride I try to look for slightly different details. For example, I look at all the faces of the pirates and see which ones are reused throughout different parts of the ride.

Laura: That is hard question! I love love love Space Mountain, but haven't ridden it since my son was born. Actually, I love all the mountains. We have done Splash and Big Thunder. I love the Haunted Mansion also and Buzz Lightyear. A nice relaxing ride on the People Mover or Train is also great. I love all the rides!


Judy:  I just looked at my son and asked him what Haunted ride is my favorite attraction, he looked at me and said mom I think you just answered that question, but then we both said No! It's Peter Pan, he even said mom you get upset if you don't get on it.   It kind of reminds me of when the boys were little and I didn't want them to grow up.  We also had a big dog like Nana so that adds to it.

Jr's first Dumbo Ride June 2012
Heather:  It is so hard to pick just one favorite ride at Magic Kingdom!  I would have to say that on of my top favorites is Dumbo (especially the updated version!)  It is really such a beautiful ride, around the water now, and the lighting...my favorite time to ride it is at night!  Just last month we took my son Jr on it and he LOVED it!  I also have to add in that my other favorite is the tea cups...I spin so fast Jr gets super dizzy and giggles the whole time!  

1 comment: