Thursday, July 5, 2012

DIS and Dat Thursday

At first I was excited because we were going to be staying in one of the new Royal Guest Rooms at Port Orleans – Riverside, but when we got into the room there it was on the table…….......

The Bounce Back!!!!


 I think I was more excited about that then the room (okay maybe for 5 minutes); I will have to tell you about the Royal Guest Room in a future post.  A Bounce Back in your room is a chance for you to come back to your favorite place at a future date, at a discount, as long as you book before you check out of your current room.   The “clock” gives you the calendar for the current year and the highlighted dates are the dates that are available for booking your Bounce Back visit. 
In our case we were there for one night in May prior to leaving on the Disney Dream for a 4 night cruise.  After checking when my husband’s future days off where for the rest of the year, (he is a Paramedic for Chicago and is given his days off in October for the next year) to see if any of his days off would work with the Bounce Back days, we then called the number on the back of the clock with the code from our room, to see what would be the best resort for us and the cost.


 Just to give you an idea of the savings we booked the Royal Suite again (we could not pass it up) at $164.50 a night, or a total of $658.36 and right now the going rate is $209.00 a night.  We also checked the Yacht Club, one of our favorite resorts and for the 4 nights it would have been $1096.96, normally we would have picked that, but since I recently was laid off we chose the cheaper option. 

It depends on the resort type and what the current years offer is as to what discount is offered, on this one it was 35% for Moderate Resorts, 20% off Value Resorts (and that did not include the newest one) and 30% Deluxe Resorts. 

I have always wondered how many people never pay attention to these types of offers that are left in the rooms; we have had many people say to us, you got a what?? What is a Bounce Back??  Maybe now you will check out the table when you walk in your room, if you have a chance to come back and can use this option when it is there, give it a try! 

3 comments:

  1. I always check for a bounce back offer! Love your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never got one of them...or, like you said, I never noticed. Now that I'm DVC I guess I wouldn't be able to use it but this is excellent information as I'm sure so many people never even bother to read it. That was a great savings for you! Thanks for a such a helpful tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too was excited when I saw my Bounce Back in my room but being from California, my first thought was of course "There's no way I can come back for years to come....sigh...." I should have jumped on it! I'll be back this September for Disney Diva Weekend and the Tower of Terror Fun Run! Great information Judy and you can bet I'm going to be looking on my table!

    ReplyDelete