Saturday, September 15, 2012

Disney Gal Roll Call Nighttime Shows

Gayle - Any day at Disney is a special day but when the sun goes down, that's when the real magic. happens. Being the California Gal in the group, nothing says Nighttime Show for me quite like "Fantasmic".

From the lights going out, to that opening notes, to Mickey defeating all evil, this is my can't miss show. I cry and applaud and giggle just as though I was seeing it for the first time.  I am not afraid to admit that I have staked out my spot 3-4 hours in advance at the Rivers of America at least several hundred times now, but in the last few years I have truly been spoiled by the Fantasmic Reserved Dining Dessert Package. 

Of course now with the addition of "World of Color" over at Disney California Adventure Park, for a while the choice was a difficult one and I must hang my head in shame when I tell you that opening weekend of this magnificent melding of lights, water and sound, that alas I spent all weekend at "World of Color" at the expense of my beloved "Fantasmic".

But fear not readers, there is a solution! I have now found that it is totally possible to see the first showing of "World of Color", watch Fireworks as you are walking from one Park to the other and still make the 10:30 pm showing of "Fantasmic". The perfect end to an always perfect day. It's Disney at it's best!




Janice - never having been to DL, I am sure Gayle is right about Fantasmic there - but having been to Fantasmic at WDW many, many times - I must agree that Fantasmic at DL or WDW is the perfect way to end any Disney day! I never tire of Fantasmic. It seems like I always see something new each time I attend. I must get to DL so that I can compare the two!

Lori- Nighttime shows are my favorite! On any given night I would gladly join Gayle and see the trifecta of nighttime entertainment.When days of being on the go come to a close, it is nice to head back to your hotel, pull up a chair and see the fireworks from there. They pipe in the music at my favorite on- property hotels so you get the entire story.


 You can even turn on the TV in your room and watch World of Color with the music.But seeing World of Color at Disney California Adventure up close is my very favorite. Do not forget to get a FASTPASS because from the very first musical note you are in for a treat that will leave you breathless!









Judy - For me it is always WISHES!! It also makes me cry every time and it is even more special during the Christmas holidays. 

My husband and I have a certain spot we got to watch them at when we are in the park, which is near the entrance of Liberty Square (right by the river and the bridge). Our other place is either the roof of the Contemporary, while eating dinner at the California Grill or you can also watch them while eating at Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian.








No comments:

Post a Comment