Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Port Orleans Royal Guest Rooms


 When I went to booked our room at Port Orleans Riverside last May for a weekend trip for just my husband and I and the Disney agent said I could upgrade to the Royal Guest Rooms for a little more then the regular room, I was so excited.  Now I don't have any little girls, I have two grown sons, okay I have two great daughter in laws, but no little princesses. My husband did buy me a sign for our room that says: "Because I am the Princess, that's why", and that is how he treats me, he was okay with staying in the Royal Guest Room and in fact he was the one going around the room taking all the photos. 
Bathroom Sinks and Dressing Area




The rooms are patterned after The Princess Frog, which takes place in New Orleans, which fits right into the Port Orleans Resort.  The details of these rooms are covered everywhere, including the gold pipes under the sink. The first thing you see when you walk in the room is all the golds, blues and reds and all the attention to detail.  There is a note from Princess Tiana on the table:

 Welcome All,
We are so excited to have you stay with us.
My friends and I have shared so many wonderful moments here that
this has become a very special place in our hearts.
As you make yourself at home, you’ll discover some treasured mementos
my friends have given me over the years.
Enjoy making magical memories with your friends and family in
my Royal Guest Room.
Your Friend, Princess Tiana
The next thing you will notice is that detail is covered, that included the TV, which is framed like a fine piece of artwork, the heater/air conditioner unit in the wall under the window is in cased in wood to make it look like a window seat.  The rug on the floor that has Aladdin's "carpet" on it.  There are "carpet hangings" of the princes, which is nice to see!  The artwork around the room I would love to take home, there is one of all the princesses and their respective princes standing in the front of one of the Port Orleans grand staircases, it is just wonderful to see them all together.  There is also a foot stool that is the dog from Beauty and the Beast.  The faucets in the bathroom and sink are gold and as I side the Royal part is carried out though out the whole room. 
The icing on the cake has to be the headboards, they light-up and just light-up they have fireworks.  I could have just sat there and watched them all night.  If you want to take your princess (young or old) for a special experience, I would suggest that you book a room at the Port Orleans Royal Guest Room next time you are going to Walt Disney World and for an extra added bonus take them for a carriage ride, which is also available at this resort. 



1 comment:

  1. Love staying here! In fact we will be there in just 48 hours! Here's hoping that this will be our room!

    ReplyDelete