Saturday, October 20, 2012

Disney Gal Roll Call - Favorite Halloween Costume



Tara - my 11 month old Flounder
Moleigh - 2 1/2 year old Ariel
 Kelly:  My children have gone through the princess costumes, complete with tiaras and slippers (not good when it's cold and rainy), and the warm and furry Tigger costume. But my absolute favorite has to be our homemade Ariel and Flounder. My youngest daughter was not quite a year old and was not walking yet, so this was the perfect costume for her. Thank goodness my mom is handy with a sewing machine, I could have never done this myself.







Lori: I am a crafty mom who loves making costumes. Over the years my kids have gone in themes. One year they were the 3 Musketeers another year they wore the Butcher the Baker the Candlestick Maker. My favorites are when we go to MNSSHP in Disney themed groups. When they were little they  dressed as Huey,Dewey and Louie my favorite identical nephews. The hitchhiking ghosts were a crowd pleaser. They even glow in the dark. I made a tightrope walker stretching portrait for myself , but my boys stole the show.  Pinocchio theme was the pick last year. Pinocchio even sported donkey ears and tail. This year we went as the theme from the Sword and the Stone! I am already thinking about next year.
Dennis ,Jared and Sammy
Sammy as young king Arthur
Dennis as Merlin








Gayle: Recently I was able to live out one of my Wish List Items by flying cross country for a whirlwind weekend that included MNSSHP.  The idea was to go with a Alice in Wonderland theme. Zack made a fabulous Mad Hatter. Now in California, a pink footed blanket sleeper Cheshire Cat costume is a great idea-it is perfect for our fall nights. However, Orlando at the end of September - hot, thick pink fleece is not a marriage made in heaven to say the least. On the cuteness scale, we looked great but next year I am definitely rethinking the whole winter wardrobe choice! Luckily for us, two weeks from today we will get to try out our costumes all over again on the West Coast at Mickey's Halloween Party. Two coasts of candy in one year-life is good!



One of the highlights of the night was meeting up with Disney Gals Heather and Tricia and posting with Snow White's entire boy band!  That's Bob in the back dressed as a "responsible adult".





No comments:

Post a Comment