Sunday, March 17, 2013

Guest Author Sunday

Guest Author Sunday

Tamela Hansen




The Disney Gals are pleased to welcome back one of our regular guest author's, Tamela Hansen. This week Tamela has a wonderful story about some her special Disney Dining experiences at WDW.


Hi this is Tamela Hansen again from Alabama. As I always say Walt Disney World is just waiting for you to make special memories. Dining is no exception. So many special memories can be made with dining experiences. Walt Disney World offers an enormous variety in dining options. There is dining that is specific for couples and families. Being a wife and mom of 2 boys and a big kid at heart we have enjoyed so many amazing dining experiences.



Character dining is of course any kids favorite. Ohana is one of our favorites. At Ohana you are family- cousins- and your kids can enjoy not only meeting Mickey in his pals but also they can join a parade around the restaurant with Mickey and his friends. 1900 Park Fare is also one of my favorites. This is where you can meet Cinderella, Prince Charming, Cinderella's evil stepmother, and step sisters. While dining you can enjoy a crazy interaction with the characters. Dancing with Prince Charming and Cinderella round out the perfect evening.




While visiting Walt Disney World everyone should make a trip over to Beaches and Cream. This is where you will find Walt Disney World's kitchen sink! You may wonder what is a kitchen sink? It's basically a sink full of everything sweet filled to the top! The ultimate sugar rush!

My family and I enjoy Whispering Canyon and of course I have a special memory to go with that restaurant. At Whispering Canyon everything is exaggerated! If you ask for ketchup you may be surprised and get 20 or more bottles of ketchup delivered to your table! One night my husband thought he would exaggerate a little himself so he asked for an extra fork then an extra spoon. The waitress brought a fork and a spoon that for 3 feet tall each! Then my husband said " I can't eat with those", so they put him in the corner for behavioral problems! They took a napkin and two sticks and then wrap them around his head and he was transformed into the Indian in the corner. They ask my children when it was time for him to come out of timeout! The kids of course were dying laughing and the whole restaurant was laughing along with them!

Another amazing special dining experience for special memories is dinner shows. Mickey's backyard barbecue is wonderful for all ages that can kick their heels and dance the night away with Mickey and his gang.

The Spirit of Aloha is an awesome experience for everyone in the family. The little ones will enjoy the hula lessons, the teenagers will enjoy the fire throwing, and all adults feel as if they are wisped away to the islands!

Dining at the Hoop Dee Doo Revue is a blast and I have a special memory to share from there. My family and I were enjoying our dinner and I asked for another beer. The lights were low because the show had begun. Our waiter asked me why I wanted another beer I said "it's good". He continue to mess with me about wanting another beer. A few minutes later he "brought me a beer". I had not finished my first beer and began to notice the waiters and waitresses behind me beginning to gather together and stare. Every time I looked at them they would look away. So within a few minutes I finished my first beer and took a sip of the new one. APPLE JUICE! All of the waiters and waitresses behind me begin to laugh and then they gave me my real beer! We laughed all evening about it, I had really been tricked!

So you can see how dining at Disney is always amazing! Special memories are made with your little ones joining in a parade ,the family dancing, everyone laughing and you may even leave dinner making a new friend from another country. You can enjoy dining with your significant other or with tables of friends but you will always make special memories that last a lifetime through Disney dining experiences! Oh yeah and note to all parents: Your kids will be willing to expand their palate because "it's Disney it has to taste good".

2 comments:

  1. So much fun reading about your special dining memories at WDW! Thanks for sharing with all of us~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamela, I LOVED this article! The experiences you shared were so cute!! I love that your hubby was put in the corner for behavioral problems. LOL. That's great!

    ReplyDelete