Friday, May 17, 2013

Godiva Iced Coffee from the Belgium Kiosk at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival


A couple of years ago at the 2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival I stopped at the Belgium kiosk and decided to try something different. I’m not a big drinker, I’m usually more interested in the food at the festival rather than the wine or beer. But, it was a pretty warm October day and I was craving something cold. So I took a look at the menu board really quick and, being the chocolate lover that I am, I immediately zeroed in on the word Godiva. I mean seriously anything made with Godiva has got to be good, right? Oh! I was so right about that. The Godiva Iced Coffee was seriously the best thing I had ever tasted! It was cold and refreshing and oh so chocolaty. Pretty much after finishing my first one, I was already craving a second. Even after I came home from Disney I would still think about how good that iced coffee was. With the 2013 Food and Wine Festival around the corner, I really started thinking about that coffee again! It was a hot night in South Florida I was craving something cold, so I got on my computer and did a little searching and JACKPOT! I found the recipe for the Godiva iced coffee from Belgium! After a quick trip to the grocery store (and the liquor store), I was ready to try my hand at making quite possibly my most favorite drink ever.

The ingredients needed for the iced coffee are:

2 ounces Godiva chocolate liquor 

1 ounce half and half 

1/2 ounce simple syrup (Simple syrup is just equal parts water and sugar boiled together until the sugar is completely dissolved. Once the sugar has completely dissolved just take the syrup off the stove and allow the syrup to cool. Or you can cheat like I did and just buy a liquid sugar like the liquid raw sugar that I used. However, the next time I make this I’m going to use a full ounce of the liquid raw sugar because I like my coffee a little sweeter.)
4 ounces hot coffee (I used a French press to make my hot coffee, but feel free to brew your coffee any way you would like.)
Chocolate sauce for drizzling 

Whipped cream for garnish


Once you have your ingredients ready this how you make the drink:

Put the Godiva Liquor, the half and half, the simple syrup, and the hot coffee into a shaker already filled with ice. Put the lid on the shaker and shake for 30 seconds. The just pour in a glass and garnish with whipped cream and chocolate sauce. Then just sit back and enjoy!



  • For the colder nights, or for those of you that do not like iced coffee, you could also make this as a hot drink. Instead of putting the ingredients into a shaker, stir the first four ingredients together in a mug and then top with the whipped cream and chocolate sauce. I have not tried it this way yet, but if anyone does decide to try it hot let me know how it turns out!

  • You can use either the Godiva chocolate or white chocolate liqueur, just depends what your preference is.



Written by Meghan Blair, the "Disney Foodie" -- As a Florida Resident, Meghan combines her love of Disney and her love of food! She will give you the best restaurant and dining tips and suggestions to make your meals, just as magical as the rest of your vacation! Book your next vacation with Meghan by clicking the link to the right!

No comments:

Post a Comment