Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Disney Classics - 4 CD Set Review





Disney Gal Judy (writing from Port Orleans Resort with sketchy internet):

I am reviewing two of the four disks, Disney Timeless Classics and Disney Television Classics.   I think my favorite is Timeless Classics; this disk has all the music from my childhood along with a few from our sons.  Who can pass up A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes?  Along with one of our sons favorite from when they were really small; Ugly Bug Ball (okay I might be showing me age now).  

The second CD brings in the music from all the different Disney TV shows, again it runs the range from the 1950's to Mickey Mouse Club House and Zorro to Wizards of Waverly Place.  I might not know all the shows but this gives everyone in the house a chance to know a song on the CD.  I would recommend purchasing this set if you are a Disney "person" as it will cover all the bases!


Disney Gal Kelly:

My two disks to review were Disney's Modern Classics and Disney's Theme Park Classics.


My first mistake was listening to the Theme Park Classics while driving. Each song takes you back in your mind to your happy place; sailing with pirates, hang gliding across California and finding your inner child with a little purple dragon called Figment. I don't remember much else of the drive down I-294 except for conducting (yes, I admit it) the instrumental tracks.  The nice part about sitting down to listen to these songs, is you hear parts you've never heard before. Instead of paying attention to the characters or worrying about when the drop is coming, you can enjoy every detail the songs have to offer. You will be amazed how much you miss while on the rides and appreciate them even more on your next visit. I have to tell you, there are a couple tunes on here that I did not recognize, but that is the beauty of the CD, you get to enjoy songs from both parks. I figure if I ever get over to Disneyland, I won't look so much like a tourist if I'm singing along.

My second disk was the Modern Classics. My daughter actually asked for this one when I told her Judy and I were sharing the set. These are the songs she grew up on, movies from the 1989 until present. Out of the 23 tracks, there were 3 songs we couldn't sing every word to. Give us a week, we'll have it down. Every big Disney musical movie from the last 25 years is represented on here starting with The Little Mermaid all the way through Tangled and Toy Story 3. If I had to find one thing I would change, it would be to add more tracks, because one song is just not enough from those movies. But then again, I guess that's what movie sound tracks are for. We had a ball with this CD playing "Name That Tune". I would give my kids just a few of the opening notes and they would give me song title and movie, then everyone sings along, sometimes in the worst voices possible. Yep, that's our #DisneySide.

If you are looking for a great gift, or something to add to your music collection, look no further. These CD's will delight your kids, make those all-too-cool teens silly for just a bit, and bring back magical memories for you. Walmart.com is already sold out, but Amazon has them in stock for $32.09. Enjoy! 

*We received a free Disney Classics Box Set for review purpose. We also received compensation from the company. All opinions are our own and not influenced in anyway. Our reviews are our personal and honest opinions. 

Judy is a Disney Gal who loves picking up hitchhiking ghosts, sailing the rivers of the world in search of the ever elusive backside of water and singing with the tiki birds while enjoying her dole whip. She is the mother to two sons in the military and their wives. She has several furry grandchildren and cherishes how her husband reacts when he hears "Welcome Home". To learn more about Disney Gal Judy go here.

Kelly is a Disney Gal who loves finding fun and adventure on the High Seas aboard the Disney Cruise Line. Whether it's pampering, para sailing or the unlimited Diet Coke, she enjoys all the ships have to offer. She is currently wearing down Commodore Tom to allow her to blow any of the ships' musical horns. As of now, he is disinclined to acquiesce. To learn more about Kelly, click here.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great review Judy and Kelly It sounds wonderful and brings back many sweet memories. Now I know what will certainly be on my Christmas gift list. You Disney gals do a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete