Friday, July 25, 2014


Serenity Areas Onboard the Disney Fantasy

Well, well, well, in case you didn’t know, Disney Cruise Line offers “adult only” areas? I'm thrilled for these little nuggets of paradise, not that I want to get away from my teenage terrors, but a little adult time is magical for your soul & mental health, can I get an AMEN. I giggled pixie dust at the thought of exploring these designated areas when my family set sail aboard the Disney Fantasy.
Our first “Sea” day, my hubby & I explored the Quiet Cove pool on deck 11; while our teenager's checked out the teen club Vibe (ages 14-17). My hubby & I chilled out in the mist area by the Wave Bar for obvious reasons, we wanted to get hammered drunk- kidding, lol! The pool was a bit overcrowded with youthful exuberance for our liking, as they allow 18 & older to the adult areas onboard. We felt over 21 would have been better since 21 is the predominant legal drinking age and usually, they're a bit more mature. We had a lovely time masquerading as adults ourselves & chatting with Disney dorks alike. Our Fantasy soon burst when our 17 year old daughter Peyton magically appeared. Before I yelled for SECURITY (kidding) she explained that our sweet assistant waiter Avilton~ who obviously has many jobs onboard, let her in. She let us know that they & their new-found friends were off to the Arr-cade to spend all of our money and grab a quick bite at Cabanas.
SCORE, my hubby & I decided to relocate to Deck 12, close to the Funnel Puddle & closer to yet another bar ~Currents on Deck 13.  We selected a lovely area facing the ocean to grab some rays & enjoy our “Bucket of Beers,” everything felt right in the world. We enjoyed plenty of adult areas during our seven night journey, including: O’gills Pub, La Piazza, Bon Voyage and a variety of different 18 & older evening shows.
Let’s talk about mental health once again, it’s great for parental longevity to take care of you, can I get another AMEN; I personally enjoyed the Senses Spa Deck 11 & 12 for an “Absolute Spa Ritual” treatment which included a sixty minute full body massage & facial. I recommend to any hard working parent this luxurious treat & the “forward” view at the spa is Fantastical. Speaking of spectacular areas on the Disney Fantasy I cannot go without mentioning Palo & Remy. Two adult exclusive restaurants onboard offering a charming ambience at additional costs. Palo with its Italian cuisine located on deck 12 aft & Remy with its French cuisine also located on deck 12, choose one or both. I’ve heard from multiple Disney dorks that Palo brunch is best!
 Now for one of the best ports of call, Castaway Cay (pronounced key) Disney’s private island in the Bahamas. It thankfully has an area for adults 18 & older named Serenity Bay. Want to get away from all the hooligans, then listen up, there’s a secluded beach just for that purpose, I can’t guarantee it will be hooligan free, but teenage hooligans I can attest. This is where adults can enjoy the pampering of an open-air cabana massages, sip a konk kooler, or relax and enjoy the quiet of the beach with no children screaming abound. A buffet lunch is also served while you bask in the beauty of this tranquil island.
Set sail on a Disney cruise with your family and you’ll find a plethora of serenity areas to enjoy while on & off the ship. Enjoy a perfect mix of “adult” & “family” time with cherished memories that will last a lifetime. See ya' real soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment