Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop - It's a Parade!

It's Wordless Wednesday at the Blog hop! Who doesn't  love a Disney Parade? We pulled together some of our favorites to join in the fun of this parade of Wordless Wednesday Photos just for you! Special thanks goes out to Deb from Focused on the Magic for hosting this weekly series.



Gayle: Is there anyone, anywhere that doesn't love the Disney Main Street Electrical Parade? I defy anyone not to clap and giggle with delight when they hear the iconic music! Whether you saw if opening night in Disneyland Resort in 1972, or when they brought it back to Disney California Adventure in 2001, or were lucky enough to catch it one more time at the Magic Kingdom, it's a must see for the Turners!







Tricia: I decided to show a change of pace here (nudge, nudge...get it?) Here's a Parade of Runners at the 2010 Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon. That's me in color :)





Judy: We were lucky enough to be in Disneyland Paris during their Halloween Festival, we have never seen so many pumpkins, I am sure that the pumpkins were copied over from there to Walt Disney World. I love Stitch so I had to share this one photo from their Halloween Parade.










They also had pumpkins everywhere, here are a couple of photos of the pumpkins from Disneyland Paris

Animator's Palate aboard The Disney Magic


Kelly: Parades can take many forms, especially when you're on a Disney Cruise. One boisterous parade takes place during dinner in Animator's Palate. Not only does the room change color, so do your servers!
Lori: The parade in Hong Kong Disneyland was awesome. Sammy took this shot of one of the dancers from the Toy Story theme. Their jet packs blew bubbles as they made their way down the parade route.

When Donald Duck turned 50, Walt Disney World threw a parade in his honor- complete with live ducks! It really quacked me up watching them being loaded on this float.






Laura: I love the variety of parades Disney has throughout the year. One of my favorites is the Once Upon A Christmastime Parade at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party! I love Christmas at Disney!


Kim: Like Gayle, I'm smitten with the Main Street Electrical Parade and have been since I first saw it!  It's about the only parade I will actually stake out a "front row seat" for... so I took it one step further.  Home with me!  I discovered that one can purchase mini versions of the parade that light up and change colors.  I only have the first piece so far but hope to add to it soon.


Focused on the Magic





27 comments:

  1. Love the little bugs in the electric light parade, such great shots! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out the Disney Gals! I love those zippy little things too! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, love the history of these parade photos. So many magical moments over the years. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is truly amazing to see the transformation and the history, isn't it? Gotta love the nostalgic photos!

      Delete
  3. Disney parades around the world- I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thank you for stopping by the Disney Gals!

      Delete
  4. Wow, all great shots! Love them all & I love a parade, especially a Disney parade!!
    Thanks so much Disney Gals for sharing your fabulous pictures and for joining in on the Disney Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop fun today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having us! Obviously your parade theme brought some memories out of the woodwork. This was a fun post!!

      Delete
  5. What a plethora of pageants! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a GREAT post! Love love love it! Thanks Deb for allowing us to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the photo of Donald and his little duck friends. That is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, you gals are stealing the show with these neat co-authored WW posts you are putting together! Loved this! (And how cool is the girl Buzz Lightyear?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry...I'd like to say that we'll tone it down in the future but that probably won't happen :) Thanks for checking us out!

      Delete
  9. Awesome photos! I love the ones from Paris and Hong Kong. Hopefully I will make it to those parks soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Disney parades and will admit that I listen to the soundtrack of Spectromagic all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh...LOVE SpectroMagic! I want the soundtrack. I hear ebay calling my name.

      Delete
  11. Great pics! I especially like the Donald one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! How great is that? :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. Love all the variety of parades from the different parks. The Electrical parade shot is awesome. We loved the Animator's Palate parade too and made for such a great dinner venue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! This one was too hard to narrow down. Who doesn't just LOVE a parade?

      Delete
  13. Can't beat a Disney parade - and in a Disney park ... it's all a parade.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another great collection of photos! Love seeing the Christmas parade photo, I have not been to Disney during the Christmas season, but would certainly love to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you must check it out! The lights and decorations are simply gorgeous! Spoiler alert: You'll see some more next week ;)

      Delete