Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wordless Wednesday - "Disney Friends"

“Disney Friends” come in many shapes, sizes, colors, fur and no fur.  Some we would like to take home and others are scary, but they are still our “friends”!  Here are some of the Disney Gals “Disney Friends”.

Judy: When I think of "Disney Friends" I first think of the friends I share Disney with, my husband (the most important one), our sons and their wife's and then there are our friends that we met at a Disney Event over 10 years ago on the Disney Wonder and just celebrated their 10th wedding anniversary on the Disney Dream last May and of course they Disney Gals who have become family to me.  As we said "Disney Friends" come in all shapes and sizes (and locations).



“Disney Friends” will wear silly hats with you
and there is nothing like the first time you see your favorite "friend"!













Gayle:  When I think of "Disney Friends" the first thing that comes to my mind is Mickey. I had run into Mickey many times with my children but never by myself until last March. Here I was, 57 years old and waiting in line to meet the main Mouse himself. I was so overcome with the sheer joy of actually meeting Mickey, it took at least 10 minutes to compose myself. Mickey and Minnie wiped my tears, gave me extra hugs and made it so magical.


Like Judy, Disney Friends means first, foremost and always, my family. Whether that is my children and grandchildren gathering at Disneyland for a birthday celebration, or in my classroom where your incredible room moms and class surprise you with a Disney inspired party, Disney is a reoccurring theme that ties us all together.













Most importantly, Disney Friends mean my beloved Disney Gals.  Most of us have never met face to face but over the last few months, we not only become closest of friends but family. Together we have laughed and cried and have been there to see each through the good times, and the difficult times. It is our common passion for Disney that first brought us together, but it is our hearts and souls that transformed us into one big happy Ohana. Watch this space the first week of October when the Disney Gals finally have their first get together in WDW!









We love meeting up with our favorite Disney friends during our visits and including them in our family photos!  They're so much like family, they're usually included on our family's annual holiday card!  





Lori: Even on a solo trip I have found time to see my "Disney Friends"

Lori with Minnie and Goofy






At Disney you don't just make friends you make lifelong Amigos! For the DIsney Gals that means a lot. We are all so excited to get together. We share day to day goings on but the glue that binds us is our love for everything Disney. So to me, the words " Disney Friends" means O'hana. The Disney Gals!



This would have been the perfect opportunity to overload you with pics of the Disney Gals since, when I think of Disney Friends, I immediately think of the strong friendships that I've made with these wonderful ladies. Alas, it is too soon as we are not to meet face to face until until September. I just can't wait to bore everyone to tears with those pics come October! For now, I've decided to show some retro pics of my Disney friends from the 70's (P.S. I'm the little one) :) ~Tricia

























Focused on the Magic


19 comments:

  1. What a great collection of Friends and memories. Love your shots from the 70's :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I love those nostalgic pictures as well. It just brings you right back to feeling like a kid again :)

      Delete
  2. What fun! The baby with Mickey is just too, too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that adorable? What a great memory for a future Disney fanatic!

      Delete
  3. What a great collection of photos, Disney friends are the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa!! There really is nothing like them :)

      Delete
  4. awesome pics, so many great memories

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. My fondest childhood memories at from Disney, hands down. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  6. Great set of photos - and memories! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark! Generations of Disney memories here. You can't go wrong! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. Great pictures!! Love seeing all your Disney friends! I can't wait to meet you all in person at the Disney Diva Weekend!!
    Thanks so much for sharing and for joining in on the Disney Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! We're still working on the "Wordless" thing. Get a bunch of gals together and it's near impossible I guess! Can't wait to meet you in September. Thanks for hosting this. It's a ball, as always!

      Delete
  8. Deb the best part of Diva weekend will be meeting old friends for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said, Lori. It's going to be a strange experience because we're all so close already so it really will be like introducing yourself to your best friend!

      Delete
  9. Disney friends are the very best!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can tell how great Disney friends are by looking at the smiles in the photos. There's never any doubt at just how much fun it is when Disney friends get together.

    ReplyDelete