Friday, June 29, 2012

Meet Disney Gayle Turner


In 1955, two events happened that changed the world -Disneyland and I were both born. Five children, four grandchildren and millions of visitors later, I am happy to report that Disney and I are still going strong!   Hi, I’m Gayle from beautiful Northern California. I am a mom, Grammy, teacher, director of a free after school theater program and I am a Disney a Holic. I cannot remember a time when Disney was not a part of my life. My first trip to Disneyland was November 1955. I can still vividly see my mom trying to hold me while balancing on her too high for walking heels as we boarded the World Famous Jungle Cruise. To this day, it remains my all-time favorite ride. Someday, when I grow up, I am going to be Captain of the Jungle Boat. To say I’ve been to Disneyland more than a few times would be an understatement.  I can remember the Matterhorn as scaffolding, and a time gone by when the showpiece of Tomorrowland, the TWA Moonliner was the tallest structure in the Park, even taller than Sleeping Beauty Castle. I rode donkeys (yes real, not animatronic) and traveled by stagecoaches pulled by horses through the trails of Frontierland. Disneyland and I have certainly transformed and changed over the last half century, but every time I walk through those magical gates, it’s as though I am experiencing it all for the first time.
With enough memories and experiences to fill a lifetime it is my hope to help others create their own lifetimes of magical moments. If you thought seeing Disney through the eyes of your own child is amazing, just wait until you get see it through the eyes of your grandchildren. I am the resident expert of the practical side to navigating the Happiest Place on Earth. I know how to find the best Vegan food in the Park while keeping the fussiest of eaters happy. Need to know the best place to sit for World of Color, how to get prime seats for Fantasmic, Fireworks or a table by the water at the Blue Bayou? How about where to obtain a Guest Assistance Card,  a celebration button or just a  place to get a band aid? Maybe you're curious about which hotel is the right fit for you, how to find those "secret deals" or merely how to plan your visit whether you are staying  for a day or a week. Look no further, I’m your gal. I am the insider that can help you find where to charge your phone; how to find a plastic bag to cover your cast and have the definitive answer to such questions as “Do I really need a poncho if I’m sitting by the fence for World of Color?” (Yes) Can I visit Disneyland on a limited budget? (Again, Yes). Interested in starting your own Disney Pin collection, or have questions about Disney Pin Trading? As a former moderator of the Dizpins boards, let me be your guide to this wonderful, but sometimes overwhelming hobby. Through the years my children and family grew. I  traveled with babies, toddlers, teenagers and now grandchildren, as well as enjoying all Disney has to offer all on my own.   Over the decades, we have celebrated Birthdays, Anniversaries, graduations, family reunions, girlfriend weekends as well as the memory of my son. Throughout my 26 years of teaching, I have been lucky enough to help bring the Disney magic to many first time families, as well as families with special needs. It is widespread knowledge that if you are Disneyland bound, Gayle is your source for all things Disney.  Although Disneyland is my home Park, I have been lucky enough to visit WDW several times over the past few years, both with my family, and all by myself and once, with 37 students.   Anyone that has ever experienced the magic  knows the excitement you feel is hard to contain. I hope that by sharing some of my stories, it will be just what you are looking for to help you on your way.  What started as a simple question by me wondering if I was the only person on the face of the planet not to have a Disney Blog soon brought together the best group of Disney Gals around. We cannot wait to share our stories, hopes and dreams with you! After all, “If you can dream it, you can do it.” 

Get Social and Follow Along:

Facebook Disney Gals
Twitter @DisneyGals
Instagram DisneyGalGayle
Pinterest DisneyGalsGayle
Google+ Gayle Turner




4 comments:

  1. Wow! You have seen so much and will have so much knowledge to share here. Disney Gals is lucky to have you. I can't wait to read your posts...and pick your brain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gayle,
    My name is Joy, and I write for the blog: www.disneyparksvacationguide.com. The blog's mission is to become a Disney vacation planning guide and Disney resource for anyone who is seeking assistance in planning their upcoming trip to Disney. We are seeking a writer who would be interested in contributing their Disney expertise and provide our audience with plenty of helpful information in the form of tips, answers to questions, resources, etc. This is a paid opportunity. The best part aside from being able to share with others your love of Disney? You only do the research and writing - all the technical hoopla of the blog will be managed otherwise. Email me at joyz9807@gmail.com if you are interested.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy. Thank you so much for the compliment! I am truly flattered by your offer! Isn't it wonderful the way that the magic of Disney can instantly bring people together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lea Crosby Turner HoaglandDecember 1, 2013 at 9:22 PM

    great profile Mom!!

    ReplyDelete