Saturday, August 23, 2014

Anniversary trip made special by Disney

Let's take a walk through time and visit July 2013, my 20th Wedding Anniversary week at Walt Disney World. I booked the Yacht Club resort Club Level for an extra special trip, after all, this was 20 years! So like I usually plan our Club Level stays I requested  a water view room or view of the Boardwalk area which is just perfect.
  My family arrived to find our room not yet ready but we were happy to be in the most magical place celebrating a momentous occasion in our life and marriage. We are headed down to Stormalong Bay pool to put up our feet, grab a bite to eat for lunch and wait for that text to say our room was ready.
My husband, myself and our two teenage boys love the pool and the surrounding area because let's face it, with teenagers the more stimulated they are the better, and this resort more than fits that bill!
  



Since I love storytelling I'm going to get right to the best part. We went up to our floor to grab a few drinks, some snacks set out for club guests and ask about our room. The Cast Member we spoke with was amazing, he wished us Happy Anniversary upon arrival, gave us our pin and now was giving us the news that we were upgraded to a larger room and they were just finishing up cleaning and putting some flowers in the room. Wow I thought, a nice bouquet of flowers was so thoughtful and the larger a room is a dream come true when traveling with teenage boys. That incredible Concierge Cast Member told us to come back in about an hour and the room would be all set.



 Some more time enjoying the Florida sun, the lizards racing in and out of the wonderfully landscaped resort property made us feel even more relaxed, vacation time is on!
 So we returned to the concierge desk and were given our room number,our new favorite resort cast member told us we were staying in his favorite room and to enjoy our magical Anniversary trip.
 We all went together excited to see our room and I was excited to see my beautiful floral arrangement, Disney is known for the most amazing floral displays at all the resorts.
 We found our room and realized it had two doors with the same room number, which one should we go in, was there a mistake here? 
 We entered and I was overwhelmed to say the least. This room had two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a large living room and a gorgeous view of Epcot and the Boardwalk as well as the water view boat 
launch. We finally had our own room was all I could think of, and the boys had theirs.
 Disney had outdone themselves, we stay Club Level for the impeccable service always, but this was more than we had ever dreamed of.
  Our vacation was not only Pixie Dusted and magical, but so was our story to tell our family and friends. I felt like a Princess in my own tower with a view and the view was a Dream come true!
 Just when you least expect it, someone or something makes all your Fairytale wishes come true and on this day in 2013 our's did!
 Our heartfelt thanks to the Yacht Club Concierge Team and to our favorite resort Destination !

No comments:

Post a Comment